Monday 26 February 2007

New features

Evenin' all. I've just finished coding another couple of features into Loro and also have been doing some heavy bug fixing. Here's a list of the new features;
  • New keyword to access Google Maps. Queries are in the style of "map west street, brighton"
  • Loro now handles application files properly
  • The meta data toolbar I talked about in the last post is now well on the way to becoming a reality and has already been integrated into the preferences so users can chose to show or hide it
  • Preferences are now saved correctly regardless of where application is placed

    Now those are out the way, here's a few of my ideas to start implementing;
  • Tight integration with Google Maps. Curently Loro simply opens up a web browser and searches for the address, however I want this feature to become far more sophisticated and have the map actually show in the Loro window (mockup below)

  • Web search within Loro. Similar to the above idea except integrating Google results into the main Loro window.

    When those two are done, then I think the first public release will be out :)

    I've currently got a couple of beta testers helping me find and get rid of any bugs so hopefully by the public release it will be a very stable little app.
  • No comments: